Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus pro -rkill does not terminate it

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lzr

lzr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hi,
I seem to have AntiVirus System Pro in my computer:
Whatever program I am trying to start, it pops up the message: "File such and such is infected". The same happens when I hit ctrl-alt-del- it does not let me open Task manager. Internet explorer only tries to open their website- no other sites would open. System restore would not open either.
Periodically it also opens Security Center and another popup message: Your computer is under attack from Internet...
In all cases is asks me if I want to stop the virus attach and activate Anti_virus software.

I download rkill.com into another computer and moved to my infected PC desktop via a USB stick. I clicked dozens of times on rkill, periodically a black box appeared with words: Terminating known malware, be patient, but then another box pops up: "rkill is infected". It does not seem to terminate the malware.
I also tried to run DDS- it would let me run it- says the file is infected (note I dowsnloaded dss to USB stick from another computer and dragged it to desktop of infected computer- not sure if it is the same as saving a file to desktop, but I have no other ways of transfering the file).
My op system: Windows XP SP2, antivirus CA.
Thanks in advance for help,
Lzr.

Edited by lzr, 19 December 2009 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users