Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TrocN98

TrocN98

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hello I am a long time 'lurker' but new poster.

Anyways I have an HP Compaq NX9420 Laptop with ATI Radeon and Windows XP 32-Bit.

I had viruses before and our friends over at majorgeeks had me follow their "Read/Run me first" then their "Windows XP cleaning" and I worked through them and posted the logs etc. They told me I eliminated all the bad stuff.

Well that was about 6 months ago and now I have a new problem.

Something has infected my machine and I can not reboot into safe mode. When I turn on the computer it will restart itself quickly after flashing a quick Blue screen that I don't have enough time to read and then it loads normally.

I ran SAS/MBAM about a week ago to eliminate something that was changing my desktop background to say "YOU'RE PC IS INFECTED OMGWTFBBQ!" or some nonsense like that. It was an obvious adware or whatever.

Anyhow this is a 2006 laptop so it only has 512 MB of RAM. I can't afford much to be eaten away. I run CCLEANER regularly but I am willing to go through the "process" again and post logs etc.

I'm just curious if I should do the same thing again, or if there is a different process you would like me to do since I did the other one a few months ago? Especially since the ComboFix thing is not available to my understanding? Or is it only available through this site now?

I would also like to add, I have had much trouble which Startup programs are necessary, what I can delete and shouldn't delete. I am an amateur at this stuff since it can get pretty technical although I have a little above basic computer knowledge.

Thanks for all your help, you guys rock.

-TrocN98

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users