Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32/nuqel and bankerfox A infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 useless-at-this

useless-at-this

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

HI
first post so better not do anything wrong!
i am running windows XP
left the pc in the capable hands of hubby last night and opened it up this morning with my Bitdefender antivirus not working and lots of "Windows live" messages saying that my pc has been infected....

lots of messages about .exe files being infected each time i try and run an application. It seems to be attempting to open some "spurious" websites and takign a long time doing it.

have spent many hours today trying to update Bitdefender and use online scanners to get me a report to identifu "something"!!??

its not working properly. Have read some of the other posts and think it can be remedied but not sure that i should copy what is on the other posts.....so this one is for you ...please :thumbsup:

i really need to protect any data i have and i dont have access to my outlook box which has lots of work files in it! (yes..i dont have a back up either....as they are all saved to folders on my PC ....adn i dont know how to back up emails too..
thanks in anticipation!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users