Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google.com problems with IE8 (no problem on Firefox)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 csinchicago

csinchicago

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

I am using IE8, Windows 7. Computer was built about a month ago.

There are two symptoms of this google problem. First, IE8 will not load the gmail screen. It constantly says reloading and then tries to load the screen. I just get a blank screen as it tries to connect. Second, after signing in to google, if i go to igoogle.com, I get the initial screen that says I am not signed in. Finally, if I enter https://mail.google.com/mail/?labs=0 then I am able to enter gmail - but only through that web address.

None of these problems happen with Firefox. I have tried deleting the cache, temp files through IE8. I have tried removing and un-removing IE8 from the Control Panel (although that doesn't seem like it's a full uninstall - but maybe it is).

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

Yeah my thoughts are stay away from IE because as you say no probs with FF, stick with FF !
Enough said ! :thumbsup:

P.S you can still access all the google features through FF !

Edited by doinmeedin, 20 December 2009 - 03:59 PM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 csinchicago

csinchicago
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

Yes - I agree that simply staying away from IE8 and using FF is the best solution. However, a) my wife needs to use IE8 for certain work applications and :thumbsup: I don't like to have unresolved problems on my brand new machine. So, any thoughts on how to fix it?

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

If you have any addons disable them see what happens then re-enable them one by one to find out which one is causing the fault !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users