Jump to content
Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:28 PM
Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:23 PM
I have fought this thing for two weeks.
1. Do repair install of windows xp if you cannot access safe mode.
2. Boot into safe mode
3. Log on as administrator.
3. using Process Explorer from SysInternals (free), stop all instances of iexplorer.exe, then kill any threads in explorer.exe that start with H8SRT...
4. Now you can run GMER root kit detector(free). Remove the H8SRT.sys file.
5. Boot your windows installation CD and select RECOVERY CONSOLE. Delete the file c:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM
The copy the SYSTEM file from C:\windows\repair\ to the c:\windows\system32\config folder.
6. After restarting, some devices may not work, like the network card. Those sorts of things are easily repaired.
Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:45 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users