Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:14 PM

Firefox was the application that had the most reported vulnerabilities this year, while holes in Adobe software more than tripled from a year ago, according to statistics compiled by Qualys, a vulnerability management provider.

Qualys tallied 102 vulnerabilities that were found in Firefox this year, up from 90 last year. The numbers are based on running totals in the National Vulnerability Database.

From: InSecurity Complex by Elinor Mills December 17, 2009 3:07 PM PST

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Thank you Animal for the info. IMHO Firefox is being hit for the same reason M/S systems are hit. M/S is big and Firefox is getting big. My question is; what do us folks out here do about it. The only thing that I can do as I see it is watch what you are doing and keep your security up to date.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

It should be noted that these are disclosed vulnerabilities, simply because a program doesn't top a list such as this doesn't mean that it's necessarily better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users