Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with malware defence virus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 otak

otak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

I need help my laptop is infected with a virus called malware defence or i hope thats the name of it. I have tried to download stuff to remove it and it seems to block the aplications from running even my anti virus will not load. i looked in the reg and deleted anything to do with it that I could find but it keeps comming back, kinda like an in-law lol.
I keep getting popups on my screen saying I have a virus or im bieng hacked, I know these are comming from the virus its self. It pretends to be an anti virus or part of windows security center. Maybe someone out there can help me I do not feel like formatting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

Downlaod and run the following

Rkill.exe http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.exe
Rkill.com http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com
Rkill.scr http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr
Rkill.pif http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.pif
PS : Download and try each one

Then download malwarebytes and re enable your anti virus , if you canot do either after running the above files , contact us again

Edited by MATTSPCHELP, 19 December 2009 - 02:05 PM.

Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

#3 otak

otak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

I ran those downloads and couldnt run malwarebytes after. If you can think of anything else it would be great. I guess it would help if i mention that im running win xp with service pack 3 i think

#4 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

Ok , i gather that you wont be able to run Taskmanager, so if not go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy it in to your my documents , then rename it to explorer.exe , then look for mdefense.exe

And end the proccess , then open my computer and in the top address bar enter as follows C:\Program Files\Malware Defense\

Delete mdefense.exe

now attempt to open malware bytes
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

#5 Jonatje

Jonatje

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hello , i am having the same problems like he does but i can open window but i can't run anny program. I even can't open taskmanager so now i open my laptop in save modus..
I saw the name of malwar defence and it shutted my Mcfee down and i can't open it annymore even not in save modus.

How can i remove the virus from out Save modus? Becaus i don't have a anti-virus that works now becaus he doesn't work.

#6 William Badger

William Badger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

I have the same problem, i can not acess any programs and my computer is basically frozen, how do u put your computer into save modus mode?

#7 William Badger

William Badger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

I need help fast, i do not know how to fix this

#8 RebelSushi

RebelSushi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

I had to join this forum just to thank you Matt. Those instructions helped me fix this in a matter of 15 mins of finding this thread. The last time I managed to get this it took me 2 weeks and a full format to rid myself of its curse.

And William, when you restart your computer tap F8 and the menu should pop up. However this thing didn't allow me to go into safe mode at all for some reason.

Edited by RebelSushi, 09 January 2010 - 04:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users