Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constantly (well maybe not constantly but close) getting cannot find website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shags72

shags72

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

I keep getting the white screen with the cannot find website message. This happens on both of my computers that are wireless one being an HP with xp media center using IE6 and the other a Gateway laptop running Vista amd using IE7. I have tried both with firefox but it seems worse on that browser. Sometimes if I refresh it will go there but sometimes I have to refresh multiple times. I am running DSL with a Netgear 614v6 router. I appreciate any ideas. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Techguy27

Techguy27

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

When you get the "Page cannot be displayed"error within IE6 on the XP machine.

Click on Start > Run> Type CMD and push enter.

A black box will appear with a command prompt.

At the prompt type: ping 4.2.2.2 and push enter.

If you receive a reply, that tells you that you are able to get outside of your network.

No reply, means we need to look at the equipement you are using. (Verify the pc is connected to the wireless network)

#3 redhill700

redhill700

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

I seem to be having the same problem as shags72 so I also tried your suggestion and I received a reply. What do I need to do next?

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Redhill, it will get very confusing if you post on someone else's thread. You have your own thread.

Edited by CaveDweller2, 05 January 2010 - 02:12 AM.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users