Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! Can not "Save" without crashing...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gs1

gs1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:55 AM

Hey guys,

I am having one of the weirdest and most frustrating problems I've ever encountered with a computer...

I am not able to "Save" or "Save As" in ANY program without that program then crashing. This includes(but not limited to)Google Chrome, Adobe Programs, MS Office Programs, etc etc.

At first I thought, Maybe it's malware.... So I ran Malwarebytes; and got this:

Files Infected:
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\12160114\12160114.exe.vir (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\ovfsthbfbpybyyyyikbpuimodbeswtbauwqkvi.dll.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\ovfsthllbbvwepnnctvqprnsjldoqxrwuhjfib.dll.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\ovfsthxhbsdhektodscxtbsvccdvqxthwwiais.dll.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\drivers\ovfsthbspbqpvdjqulpfpmptydpxfvxqdmxxpi.sys.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Sheri\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\32\1ad04aa0-142b21ad (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\winsxs\Backup\x86_microsoft-windows-i..er-engine.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18005_lt-lt_bf12ba06fdc0c65b_msimsg.dll.mui_72e8994f (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Naturally I quarantined and deleted these files, however, I am still having this problem. Is this Vista related? Is it a Virus? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

My computer specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium (SP2)
Satellite P205-S7469
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz 1.50GHz
2.00 GB RAM
32-bit Operating System

Please help me; this is so frustrating and I have to work on my final paper that is due next week (Hard to do that without being able to save!!!)

HELP!! :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Greg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

Hey guys,

I am having one of the weirdest and most frustrating problems I've ever encountered with a computer...

I am not able to "Save" or "Save As" in ANY program without that program then crashing. This includes(but not limited to)Google Chrome, Adobe Programs, MS Office Programs, etc etc.

At first I thought, Maybe it's malware.... So I ran Malwarebytes; and got this:

Files Infected:
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\12160114\12160114.exe.vir (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\ovfsthbfbpybyyyyikbpuimodbeswtbauwqkvi.dll.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\ovfsthllbbvwepnnctvqprnsjldoqxrwuhjfib.dll.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\ovfsthxhbsdhektodscxtbsvccdvqxthwwiais.dll.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Windows\System32\drivers\ovfsthbspbqpvdjqulpfpmptydpxfvxqdmxxpi.sys.vir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Sheri\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\32\1ad04aa0-142b21ad (Rogue.SystemSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\winsxs\Backup\x86_microsoft-windows-i..er-engine.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18005_lt-lt_bf12ba06fdc0c65b_msimsg.dll.mui_72e8994f (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Naturally I quarantined and deleted these files, however, I am still having this problem. Is this Vista related? Is it a Virus? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

My computer specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium (SP2)
Satellite P205-S7469
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz 1.50GHz
2.00 GB RAM
32-bit Operating System

Please help me; this is so frustrating and I have to work on my final paper that is due next week (Hard to do that without being able to save!!!)

HELP!! :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Have you tried disabling the UAC to see if that resolves the problem. This might be a permissions issue where the system is having problems with saving it. You can disable the UAC in MSCONFIG under tools!! See if that elps!!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#3 gs1

gs1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

I just tried that, however, to no avail.

Still having the problem... God, it's so frustrating.

#4 gs1

gs1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

Anyone out there? :huh:

#5 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Anyone out there? :huh:

Sorry I have been busy all day. Is it SP1 or SP2, have you checked all your drivers to see if that might resolve the problem. You can always use Crystal Disk Info and see the condition of hard. Have you been able to save to a Flash drive or some other external Media??

Edited by GamerX, 19 December 2009 - 07:19 PM.

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#6 gs1

gs1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the response GamerX, I don't mean to be hounding you for answers or anything - I'm just so frustrated.

It is SP2. Drivers are set.

Interesting you bring up the drive itself, I just tried saving something to my external: worked. However, tried saving a similar file to my main drive (C:): program crashed. I ran 'chkdsk' a few times, found no errors - but I'm starting to believe it may be a drive issue. What to do?

#7 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

hello

sorry to interrupt, but do you have any other accounts on the computer in question ? if yes. are they ok?

If no. maybe create another account see if problem is the same. if that account is ok at least you can get some work done. (if you do this make sure its an admin account)

just a temporary workaround.

good luck :huh:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#8 gs1

gs1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:22 AM

In a fit of rage I upgraded to Windows7. So far, no problems.

That was a weird error though.

#9 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

In a fit of rage I upgraded to Windows7. So far, no problems.

That was a weird error though.

Did you do a full format? I am thinking it was a data table corruption or something along that lines? If you did a full format that might of cleared it up but be warned that drive might be on a verge of dieing, the way it sounds it is possible.

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users