Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

js.luckysploit.q and other issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sella35

sella35

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

My 1st home computer got a message from F-Secure (which I was using at that time) saying that malicious code found in file C:\Users\...temp... Infection- Js.luckysploit.q- Action taken- The file was deleted.

Then later that day I got another pop-up which i THOUGHT was from windows saying that it found more viruses and needed to do a scan, which I allowed it. That's when I realized it was from something else, not windows and not f-secure.

Now the real problems began after this. My F-Secure started saying it had to update but after i did, i couldn't log online at all. I ended up having to remove it because even the tech support couldn't help find out why I couldn't connect. F-Secure was provided by my isp. And the new av i dl took about 15 hours to do a scan, malwarebytes will take 12-13 hours to scan. Maybe this is normal, I do not know. I can't recall any scans taking that long. Maybe I am a little paranoid since this is my personal computer.

The 2nd computer definitely has issues. Random emails from her yahoo mail acct for pharmacy companies are being sent out, it disconnects and the World of Warcraft account on it was "hacked" (we probably have some keylogger on it or on my computer). The thing is that I know the person who owns this computer (my mom) has never been to a wow-gold selling site nor have I. She does use a couple of add-ons when she plays, but every time I have downloaded an addon for her, I would scan it first before installing it. My nephew did download some free-mmo-games on both of our computers when he spent the weekend with us. Sometimes in the WoW game the latency on that computer will be 2-3k. While on my computer at the same time am only at 50 latency. I put the free avg on her computer because the Panda I had bought wouldn't update and gave her error messages. And I keep both computers up-to-date on windows.

Both computers are hardwired. The first one is vista 32-bit and the other is XP.

Any ideas on where I should start or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sella <3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

I suggest you post two separate topics in our Am I Infected? forum
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
One computer - one topic
Good luck
Happy Holidays :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users