Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Verizon VZAccess Manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gwebzor

Gwebzor

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

Recently I started subscribing to Verizon's internet service, with the little USB insert that allows me to get on the internet wherever on my laptop (I'm running Windows XP). It came bundled with a program that does the actual connecting when I'm using their device. However, their service has a download/upload limit that is naturally somewhat inconvenient.

So when I'm at home, I like to use the wireless device that's actually in my laptop (it's Intel PROSet Wireless). However now, after installing the VZAccess Manager, I can't use any programs that connect to the internet (except firefox, thank god) such as Google Chrome, and Yahoo IM, and several of my programs can't download updates. It's like I have some sort of mysterious firewall thing, but their tech support people told me it shouldn't be interfering and that was about all they could do.

I'm not sure if maybe I'm just a huge dork and am missing something obvious, but this is making my life really hard right now, especially with college essays needing to be uploaded right now. :thumbsup:

Any advice as to what I might want to check into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Well if you need to finish up stuff for school and it is the VZAccess Manager causing the issues, uninstall it for now. If its not allowing you to upload stuff you don't need it messing things up for you at school.

What version of the software do you have?

In looking at it I can find nothing in the software that would block anything from being used. Do you have a firewall installed on your PC?

Are you using the software that came with your wireless card(the one inside your laptop) or are you using Windows Zero Config to connect?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users