Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FraudWarrior

FraudWarrior

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

Hello, We are in need of some help on a message board that deals with scams. Many of the scammers have websites, and we need someone that can trace it back. Past using a Whois.

If anyone is knowledgeable about this, and interested, Please visit the message board and we will tell you what we need. (Changes daily)

I will tell you one we are currently working on.

CallOneUnLimited.com (A Scam)
Registered to
Premier Benefits (A Scam)
I came up with a Prodasol. Inc.
They have a name serve called BoilFrog.com.
But I got lost there.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Fraud Warrior
www.eyeoncredit.com/warnings

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! FraudWarrior.
I only know how to do a WhoIs of a website, I don't know how to investiage any further. Maybe someone here may know more about this.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#3 micaman

micaman

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

If you use McAfee Firewall, they have a handy feature called "Trace this Event" which will give you several pages of information on an address, along with a actual map of the route to their IP address. I have reported fraud abuse to the ISP this way before, later to find the site shut down!

In past versions, McAfee would allow you to enter any address into a search box and find info on it, but with the "SecuritSuite 2005, the site would have to hit or ping or try to connect to a port of yours to show up as a viable search. If you can find a McAfee 2003, or 2004 disc, it will have the feature you want. I have other resources available to me for research that I could look some sites up for you. Also, I use to have a utility that would do as good of a job as McAfee, and I will try to locate it and post the name here.

If you want to send me the website info, I will research them and let you know about them, report them to the proper sources and black-list them on my site to get the word out!

:thumbsup:

Edited by micaman, 28 August 2005 - 08:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users