Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iconix Users Help/Advice Needed.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

My system is Windows XP Home SP3. I recently opened an account with Paypal and today I received an email from them offering the free program called Iconix which apparently checks that emails from specific sites are genuine and not spam.

As I was recently caught up in the hacked Hotmail account attack where tens of thousands of accounts were hacked, mine among them I thought this Iconix program would be a good thing, so I downloaded and installed it. After installation I noticed that two new items had been added to my processes list in Task Manager. The first process is called "IconicService.exe" I would assume that this one would need to run at start-up in order for Iconix to do its job. The second process and the one I am interested in is called "OEdmn_5.exe" and is the one I would like some advice on if possible.

I like to keep my start up list using only the programs which are needed at start up and with the Autoruns program and the suberb start up list at these forums I have been able to do this. I got file not found answers when I did a search on the start up list prior to writing this post. There is also not much information on it either after doing a Google search. Does anyone know if this "OEdmn_5.exe" should be allowed to run on my PC at start up, or is it safe to untick it in Autoruns and leave it working in the background?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

OEdmn_5.exe is required to run Iconic at Startup.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for that, ReviverSoft.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users