Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black & Blue Screen Crash Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SunKing

SunKing

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Spent the last 2 days loading Win 7 on a PC I rebuilt. What a pain in the rear. Anyway got it loaded and files restored, but there appears to be a problem. Hopefully I am not an isolated case.

My puter will all the sudden either go to a BLUE or BLACK screen with no ERROR MESSAGE, and just freezes.

Only pattern I notice; sometimes when I start a program or let the system sit idle and it goes into auto screen/power save. It is annoying as heck.

I have checked the drivers for my video, DVD/CD, printer, and HDD through MS WIN 7 feature. All up to date. Updated Win 7 and checked all the little things I know to do.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

THX

SK

EDIT:

Ok 1 pattern established. If I go to START . and either try to use the LOG OFF or SWITCH USER, Crash to BLACK and then BLUE. About to the point of removing WIN 7 and going back to WIN XP PRO. Whatever happened to Win NT, it was stable and reliable.

Edited by SunKing, 18 December 2009 - 07:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users