Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dialing noises during dial up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4dick47

4dick47

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

Hi Folks, Newly joined because of a problem eliminating dial up noises after reloading Juno from a fresh disc. Although their connection wizard offers an area to mute the modem dialing, I still get all the beeps and boops.
Attemps to get help from juno have gone unanswered, so far. Their direct connect offering doesn't seem to work for me caused by improper default mail client configuration. Requests for juno's help in this area have not been answered.
Anyone willing to offer some guidance or direction? Thanks. 4dick47

Mod Edit - Topic moved to appropriate forum - Leurgy

Edited by Leurgy, 15 August 2005 - 06:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:32 PM

Hello 4dick47 and welcome to BC.

We have a tutorial on this subject that can be found at this link.

Let us know if that works out for you.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 4dick47

4dick47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

Since posting question: I changed the initiation string to that suggested in the forum for AOL, [ATM0]. This cured the dialing noises, but caused another problem; the dialer would continue to scroll and dial the next number while waiting for password verification. Changing the initiation string back to +MS=V34 has solved the redialing problem and I no longer hear the orriginal dialing or computer speak of the remote computer answering and verifying. Windows 98 operating sys.
I hope this helps, 4Dick47

Edited by 4dick47, 17 August 2005 - 09:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users