Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox-Yahoo-AVG

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

I was recently Upgraded to;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6)
Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

It seems that Firefox has integrated, AVG-Yahoo, (components) with their browser, . .

I some how now have a Yahoo Browser, and it don't work !

I need to click my Mozilla/Google homepage icon to get my regular FF Google browser back eac time, . . how can I get rid of the Yahoo tool bar ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

Click the pencil icon between the big red Y and the searchbox and on the drop down menu, click Uninstall.

Edited by doinmeedin, 18 December 2009 - 08:26 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

I am probably looking right at it but can't find it ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Click on this link see if this helps http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/toolbar/t...toolbar-55.html let us know if it works !

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

P.S what version of FF is that, also it may be that it is within your AVG files but try the above fix first !!

Edited by doinmeedin, 18 December 2009 - 12:44 PM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thats a component of AVG. It's their 'Security Tool Bar' You can change the 'search engine' from Yahoo if you wish.

See: What is the AVG Security Toolbar and how can I disable it?

EDIT: To answer one question.

P.S what version of FF is that,

Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

Thanks Animal,
I can use either browser Firefox or Yahoo, . . but the Yahoo seems to have taken over, it is the dominate browser of the two, it doesn't always get to where it is suppose to be going, . . but I noticed there may have been an add on or plug in since the upgrade and it did woork the last time I used it, . . I guess I chose it because of the AVG security issue, whats the down side to uninstalling it,

since it is only a matter of switching to my home page to get the GOOGLE Firefox search engine, but when I do this I guess I'm not getting the benefits of AVG security, . . I guess that is a little side deal that Yahoo made to get into the picture, . .
however I think that AVG act fairly well independent of other online and offline running systems. I mean am I enhancing its capabilities if I use the Yahoo-AVG integrated browser with Firefox ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Animal,
I can use either browser Firefox or Yahoo, . . but the Yahoo seems to have taken over, it is the dominate browser of the two, it doesn't always get to where it is suppose to be going, . .

Huh? Wha...... Yahoo is not a browser. It is a search engine like Bing, Google and Ask.com etc. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Maxthon etc. are browsers. So I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, as you are mixing and matching browsers and search engines which do different things.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#8 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Oh! Yeah I thought I new that ! Ok Browsers, search engines , . Ahh, . . the page that runs the search, . . Yeah ___ it took over, in other words, it took the place of my google search ENGINE,. But Hey, . !! It's working Now.

Gee wilikers! Darn ! I thought oh well Hey Thanks a Bunch. It's gonna snow tomorrow !!

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Glad to hear it's working for you now. Thanks for letting us know.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#10 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

You are most Welcome !

Posted Image