Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Boy thief, 4, wanders street drinking beer.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

:thumbsup:

A four-year-old boy in the US state of Texas has been found drinking a beer on the streets after allegedly stealing his neighbours' Christmas presents.

Hayden Wright's extraordinary behaviour is believed to have been a deliberately provocative act on his part so he could join his father who is in jail, the television network WTVC reports.

According to local police in Hamilton County, Hayden was found wandering the streets at 1:45am wearing a girl's dress and with a beer in his hand.

He was taken to hospital to be treated for alcohol consumption.

Hayden's mother April Walker, who recently divorced his father, told WTVC that she woke up and panicked when she noticed Hayden was missing from his bed.

Although there were child safety devices on the doors, Hayden had somehow managed to get outside, she said.

It was not the first time her son had tried to run away, she said.

"He runs away trying to find his father," Ms Walker told the TV network.

"He wants to get in trouble so he can go to jail because that's where his daddy is."

Police say Hayden escapades started when he rang the door of a neighbour's house with a half-consumed beer in his hand.

Hayden then snuck away from the shocked neighbour who answered the door and entered another neighbour's house through an unlocked front door.

There he stole five wrapped Christmas presents, one of which contained the girl's dress he was found wearing.

Link http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/985403/bo...t-drinking-beer

Wouldn't that be a shock all round, in today's world?

Back 36 years ago my then wife and I awoke at 7.30 am to find our 2 year old boy missing. It was in a small Country Town, but, as can be imagined, we were frantic with worry. Little man refused to sleep with clothes on since he had been trained out of nappies, except for Wintertime.

We located him just 200 yards away at the house of the Mother of people that I went to school with, sitting up having Breakfast with them all, not a stitch of clothes on him.

From there on he was known as "the little Streaker" and that house was always his first stop when he wandered. They used to feed him and bring him home.

Back then things like that were quite normal and neighbourly.

:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:56 AM

thats just downright scary, whered he get the beer?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

:thumbsup:

Congrats on your 1000th Post, Mate.

It makes me shudder to think what could have happened to the little one in this day and age. The beer probably came from the Fridge? Who honestly would ever think a four year old child would grab a beer and go wandering about the streets at that time of night, particularly if childproof locks were really fitted? I personally have never stopped any of my two families of Kids from having the odd sip of beer if that is what they wanted. None of them really drink much these days, even though they range between 43 down to 15.

:flowers:

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

Although there were child safety devices on the doors, Hayden had somehow managed to get outside, she said.

Hayden then snuck away from the shocked neighbour who answered the door and entered another neighbour's house through an unlocked front door.

1) NEVER underestimate what a child can do.

2) It's nightime and someone has an unlocked door??!!

#5 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

1) NEVER underestimate what a child can do.

2) It's nightime and someone has an unlocked door??!!

Makes you wonder if the person also had the same "Child proof Locks". Little Boy was wearing a Christmas present, a Girls Dress, one of five Presents?

There he stole five wrapped Christmas presents, one of which contained the girl's dress he was found wearing.

#6 riya

riya

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for sharing

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

I just noticed something. The state is incorrect. This incident happened in Tennessee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users