Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Custom ringtones

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

alright all, heres my problem. I have a motorola Krave cell phone, and have been wanting to put custom ringtones on it. it is supposed to accept mp3 ringtones, and in fact, all the ringtones I have purchased from Verizon (its a verizon phone) are in mp3 format. lately, Ive been experimenting with making custom ringtones for free. First, I tried recording the sound onto the phone then texting it to another phone and back again, but that did not work, at least not on my phone, but did work on the phones I texted them to (a LG env2 and a motorola Droid) then I downloaded a couple free ringtone maker software off the internet that were supposed to work. I edited them and made the ringtones, made sure they were about 15 seconds (maybe to long?) and tried that, and again, it did not work even though they were in mp3 format. I did however, receive a text message awhile back with this weird little ditty, and it allowed that one to be saved as ringtone. heres the funny part, that one is a mp3 just like the ones Im trying to make, but a smaller file then most of the custom ones Ive tried. anyone know the secret to this? length isnt the problem, of all the ringtones ive purchased from verison, they average around 20-25 seconds, while the ones im trying to save are 15-20. anyway, thanks to any who reply.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

- load your chosen mp3 onto a microSD card and put it into the phone (best to put the mem card into the phone first, then take it out and a directory of folders, relative to your phone will now be there).

- then go to menu-->media center-->tones and sounds--> and choose my sounds (or wherever you loaded your mp3s)

- choose to send the mp3 you want in a txt message. . ,to yourself. Once you get that message and play it, you will have the option of setting it as a ringtone.

Hope that helps

You have to make sure the ringtones are mp3 and not wav or wmv and then put them in the sounds folder. Then, on your phone go to the sounds folder and open the file you want as a tone, then select send as pic message to yourself, then when you get it, select set as ringtone. I don't know why they didn't just allow you to make/have a ringers folder and simply click and drag instead of this cumbersome/impractical method, but it does work, thats what counts. I now have 8 custom tones on my phone so its all good. I think the movie file was just a glitch or something so im not worried about that. I'm going to search some more, but if you find out the ideal image size for the wallpaper setting, I'd appreciate it because I added a few high res pics and open it looks fine but then some gets chopped off when the flip is closed.

^ Hope they help. :blink:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

Ive tried that and it didnt seem to work. its rather frustrating, it works on my wifes phone just fine. I like custom ringtones but I dont like spending 5 bucks a shot at em either. oh well, thanks anyway :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

Moto's are funny about ringtones my friend has the razor and downloads *.mp3 ringtones from the verizon store but cannot receive any that i send him (I make mine in Audacity)

Posted Image

#5 immobile

immobile

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

alright all, heres my problem. I have a motorola Krave cell phone, and have been wanting to put custom ringtones on it. it is supposed to accept mp3 ringtones, and in fact, all the ringtones I have purchased from Verizon (its a verizon phone) are in mp3 format. lately, Ive been experimenting with making custom ringtones for free. First, I tried recording the sound onto the phone then texting it to another phone and back again, but that did not work, at least not on my phone, but did work on the phones I texted them to (a LG env2 and a motorola Droid) then I downloaded a couple free ringtone maker software off the internet that were supposed to work. I edited them and made the ringtones, made sure they were about 15 seconds (maybe to long?) and tried that, and again, it did not work even though they were in mp3 format. I did however, receive a text message awhile back with this weird little ditty, and it allowed that one to be saved as ringtone. heres the funny part, that one is a mp3 just like the ones Im trying to make, but a smaller file then most of the custom ones Ive tried. anyone know the secret to this? length isnt the problem, of all the ringtones ive purchased from verison, they average around 20-25 seconds, while the ones im trying to save are 15-20. anyway, thanks to any who reply.

I too being w/ vzw have found to crop your mp3 song to 300 Kb or less and / or 30 Sec. or less. Regardless of the songs name, if any, or ext., which is not needed. The song knows what format it is. After you have your Tone cropped down, simply type in .midi as the ext. It just fools vzw's system or network. Send it to your 10#@vzwpix.com and you should get it fine. You can then re-name it if you want to. Good luck !

Edited by immobile, 28 January 2010 - 08:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users