Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010/Personal Protector

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ez778

ez778

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

I am infected with Internet Security 2010 and Personal Protector. Anything that can be used to remove it is disabled (i.e. MBAM, rkill, sdfix, McAfee etc..) I caught a virus about a month ago and was able to remove it with the above mentioned, however this one seems to be pretty stubborn. What next? Any suggestions? Side note: McAfee stinks!

Edited by ez778, 17 December 2009 - 10:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:14 AM

Hey Ez This virus seems to be getting about alot at the moment , first of all can you open task manager? , if soo look for the following processes

IS2010.exe
41.exe
winlogon86.exe
winupdate86.exe

and end them , they are only the known proccess for the virus you are reffering to , once they have been ended remove them from startup

Start - > Run -> Msconfig -> startup and untick the proccesses above

also then without restarting , download malwarebytes , depending if the virus has been disabled you will or wont be able to run malwarebytes
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users