Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WORM.WIN32.NETSKY

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djallen

djallen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 running Windows XP I purchased in 2005(?). I used to get to the screen that told me it was "Worm.Win32.Netsky". Now when I turn it on, it boots to the Internet Security 2010 screen just like I read in previous posts. But I cannot do the install of "RKRILL" or anything else. The task manager is shut off as well. I can only hit the F2 and F12 keys at start up. I called Dell support like I did before for my HP. I wanted them to send the operating system install CDs. Hp sent me them to uninstall and the reinstall. Worked great. Dell did not send those. I received a couple driver CDs and a Windows Xp service pack 2 Cd and a tool system software Cd and a Resource Cd. I cannot do anything with these. I have very limited computer knowledge, so if someone does reply with help, please talk so I can follow without making you irritated with my Q's. Please help!

I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT I PAID DELL SUPPORT TO WIPE MY OPERATING SYSTEM AND RELOAD WINDOWS. I LOVE ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEARN FROM YOU ALL. BUT AS OF NOW, YOU CAN REMOVE MY REQUEST SO YOU CAN HELP OTHERS MORE QUICKLY. THANK YOU.

Edited by djallen, 18 December 2009 - 07:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users