Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Integrated Video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tambyte

tambyte

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

I know this pc isn't built for doing anything too intensive, but i thought it should be able to stream video from youtube without too much problem, cause i have another pc that is similar and streams video just fine.

Anyway my specs are 1.7 p4, 1 gb ram, 80 gb hard drive. The video is integrated S3 prosavage sharing 32 mbs. Whenever i try to watch anything, like full episodes from FOX or just watch a video from youtube, even after i let it buffer for 30 seconds or so, the video will seems like it's in slow motion every 6 or 7 seconds.

I've tried disabling hardware acceleration, but that doesn't help at all. Any suggestions....or is it time for a new video card? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

Try allocating more memory for the video this is generally found in the bios menu. Reboot the computer and start pressing [DEL] or [F1] until you enter the bios menu. Check under the advanced tab it may be there depending on your bios manufacture. What your looking for is graphics memory allocation. You may not be able to raise it much more than it is with only 1gb of memory installed. Windows uses allot of memory it self. if you allocate more to the graphics Windows may start freezing on you.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

You could give the above suggestion a try and allocate more memory for the video controller.

A better option would be to get a new video card (AGP) if your motherboard has an expansion slot for it.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 tambyte

tambyte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:16 AM

I checked the BIOS and 32 mb was the highest it would go. I looked thru my bin of parts and found an old MSI 128 mb video card, so i am going to try to put then it tomorrow and see what happens.

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:52 PM

I checked the BIOS and 32 mb was the highest it would go. I looked thru my bin of parts and found an old MSI 128 mb video card, so i am going to try to put then it tomorrow and see what happens.

Good, that should help free up your memory and offer better video (graphics) performance.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 18 December 2009 - 12:52 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users