Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newly built system can't POST all the time (only works sometimes)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 erclark

erclark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

So as of september,I built a computer for my 16th birthday (my present was the cash). The computer I put together (ill post specs at the end) consists of ok parts, some higher range, some pretty crappy. It all worked right out of the box, no RMA's or returns so I was happy with that, but a couple months later the computer is having some pretty serious problems, the main problem being that my computer won't turn on all the time and when it is on i can't restart it or if it gets turned off i have to wait a couple of hours before turning it back on again. Also sometimes waiting doesn't even work and that leaves me waiting a couple of days using my crap laptop in the mean time. So i was wondering, which part (or parts) is at fault?

NOTE: this all started after a BIOS flash, but the weird thing is i flashed it all back to the old BIOS and i am still having trouble

SPECIFICATIONS

Case: Antec 902
Memory: 4gb of Patriot 800mhz DDR2 memory
CPU: AMD phenom IIx3 720 black edition (no overclock)
Motherboard: ECS elitegroup AM2+ 8200A ATX
PSU: Raidmax 530w semi-modular PSU
Hard Drives: i dont think they are important, but just in case here they are...Hitachi deskstar 400gb 7200 rpm, and WD green 500gb taken from external hard drive
DVD drive: definitely not important
Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance guys I have faith in you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Well...why did you flash the BIOS...on a system that's less than 3 months old?

From what you state, the PSU is my initial suspect.

See post by Konakona at http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:JPdLI...=clnk&gl=us.

I'm not a hardware/system person (just a user) but it's good to wait for opinions from those who are.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 17 December 2009 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users