Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have serious issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spclare11

spclare11

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

Good afternoon. I have tried searching lots of topics and have tried some fixes and scans, but I think my computer has the tech equivalent of the bubonic plague. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated

I know I have at least 2 malware/spyware/trojan. I have the Internet Security 2010 virus that keeps popping up on my computer AND I have the worm.win32.netsky virus as well. I cant run Malware Bytes or rkill. I have been successful in installing SUPERAntispyware and have finished a complete scan, but despite quarantining 200 some hazards, I still have these and maybe more issues with my copmuter.

Please help this computer. It will be punted across the yard very shortly.

-spclare11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

Just so happens ive just got rid if this myself , first of all copy taskmgr from C:/Windows/System32 and rename to explorer.exe open and task manager will begin look for a suspiciouse file that will be called 45678910.exe or sumthing similar click it and click end task , you will now be able to run malware bytes
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

#3 spclare11

spclare11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

thanks for the help. i can get task mgr open, but i do not see the 428596.exe or whatever. i do see IS2010 as a process and can end that. however, i still cant install malwarebytes ... still getting the error code message.

#4 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

IS210 is the proccess that is causing it , but what error code are you receiving , also now you know the process end the proccess and then do the following to prevent it starting on startup

Start-> Run-> MSCONFIG->Startup tab-> look for the proccess IS2010 and untick the box next to it ,

Let me know the error code so i can help you further

thanks

Matt

#5 spclare11

spclare11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

IS210 is the proccess that is causing it , but what error code are you receiving , also now you know the process end the proccess and then do the following to prevent it starting on startup

Start-> Run-> MSCONFIG->Startup tab-> look for the proccess IS2010 and untick the box next to it ,

Let me know the error code so i can help you further

thanks

Matt

matt,

when i run msconfig->Startup and uncheck the box i am told to restart for changes to take place. when i do i still get IS2010 auto-starting.

the error messages i get are the worm.win32.netsky when i log into windows and the last time i tried installing malwarebytes i got the start up screen to select a quick scan or a complete scan but the screen dissapeared after 3 seconds.

i totally appreciate all the help and attention you are dishing out!

steve

#6 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:33 AM

Ok , there must be a second Executable thats running to prevent Malware bytes running , look for the following known Executables and end them in taskmanager

IS2010.exe 41.exe
winlogon86.exe
winupdate86.exe

Also try and unregister the known .dll
by pressing Start->Run
regsvr32 /u winhelper86.dll

Also look for the above Executable file names in msconfig

dont restart and try running malwarebytes once more ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users