Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware? Red circle with white cross in taskbar...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blueyoyo13

blueyoyo13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi,

I was using Google Chrome (I usually use Firefox but I was mixing it up a little) and all of a sudden my McAfee virus scan located a bunch of trojans on my computer and removed them. Then, Chrome proceeded to close and the little red circle with a white cross appeared, saying how my computer has been infected, yada yada, seems like a pretty common problem after searching "red circle...". A warning box pops up every few minutes saying:

"Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. You (*sic*) private information and PC safety is at rick. To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe you need (*sic*) update your current security software. Click OK to download official intrusion detection system (*sic*) (IDS software)"

I close this window rather than hitting OK.

Anyway, similar to others who had this problem, I can't open task manager, nor can I open Chrome anymore, because it says both files are infected, and it says I need to activate my antivirus software. Whenever I turn on my computer, a box appears that says I need to download new spy-ware removal software or whatever, and that the problem is a 5 on a scale of 0 to 5.

McAfee and Ad-Aware haven't done much, the little red circle is still there with the balloons saying "click here to protect your computer!" and I still can't open task manager or chrome.

Can someone help me remove/fix this?

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum, as suggested by the member below. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

I could be of use, but the experts hangs out in the Am I Infected forum.

Either wait a bit to be moved or repost your stuff in that forum :thumbsup:

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

Click on this link SUPERAntiSpyware Online Safe Scan http://www.superantispyware.com/ scroll right to the bottom of the page and you will see SAS Online Scanner in with the list of various scans ! Also disable other spyware scanners before doing so but leave your windows FW running !
Let us know if this does the job or not !
Good Luck !

Edited by doinmeedin, 17 December 2009 - 03:00 PM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users