Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Improper resolutions cause the Video Card to fail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wu125

wu125

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

Not sure if this is in the proper forum, so please move if needed.

My system is an HP Touchsmart tx2z (TABLET PC), 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD3200 Video card, AMD Turion Dual Core 2.40GHz processor.

My monitor is set to 1280*800 Landscape Resolution. Whenever i try to play a game that is NOT set at this resolution, (say if the game runs at 600X800 or 1240*768 to improve performance), then the screen goes black and the computer does not respond. Ctrl-Alt-Del and Alt-f4 do nothing. The only thing that snaps it out is a forced shutdown.

I go around this by manually setting the resolution in the Catalyst Control Center (or forcing it to run in a window), but when i load up a new game, i have to be careful about what the resolution is, and sometimes for performance's sake, i run games at a lower resolution. Is there something that'll fix this, or will i have to tweak my resolution every game?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:35 PM

Update the video driver and see if that helps.
Touchsmart tx2z Drivers

Select Model > Operating System > Video Driver > HD3200 Driver

Edited by ReviverSoft, 17 December 2009 - 01:37 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users