Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 booting problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShippD

ShippD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

I am running XP and want to dual boot it with windows 7 I patitioned the drive to 30 gig for windows 7 when installing windows 7 from a usb I get this message.'Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu' I did change the boot order in the bios to usb any help would be appreciated or questions I will answer thank you .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925481

#3 colemancol

colemancol

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hi.
You should try link provide by DaffyKantReed.
At beginning I also face same kind of problem regarding dual Operating system.
So some one suggest me to visit this link for solution and it works.
Commercial signature removed by admin. Sig spamming is a violation of the TOS ~g

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users