Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

avg 9 free download

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atlantanana

atlantanana

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:21 AM

About a month ago, I tried to download avg 9 free and it failed due to a redistributable error. I don't remember the exact wording for this error. I tried again recently to download the program and the message said there was a version 7 still running on my computer. I can't find anything. There are no programs in my add/delete programs. I did a search for all files and folders for AVG and It came up with 222 incidences. My question is "can I safely delete all these files and folders?" Will this solve my problem? Also in my Security Center under virus protection, it says that "AVG reports that it is up to date and virus scanning is on".

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

Go here. Download AVG Remover.

As is stated directly on their website:

AVG Remover utility removes all parts of AVG installation on your computer, including registry items

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users