Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio all-in-one video issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

On boot, you see the vista loading bar, but in the background are vertical red lines. Before giving the "windows shut down due to" screen where you can pick "last known good configuration," you see a series of white dashed patterns across the screen, then "last known" and other options appear with the vertical stripes (not always red) in the background.

I attempted to start with "last known" and it just hangs on a black screen, with barely visible dark stripes in the background. Booting into safe mode is a little different. You see all the checks scroll across the screen, with stripes in the background, and when the desktop loads, you see the mouse, but white lines criss-cross throughout the screen.

I can't boot into windows to attempt to recover or install any video drivers. I'm not sure what to attempt next, since I've never worked on an all-in-one model. I would normally try switching out the monitor or the video card... but it doesn't seem like I can do that here.

Suggestions for the next step of troubleshooting? I'd think maybe recovery console, but the computer came with no discs - I was told that if we needed the restore and hardware discs, we'd have to call sony (I'm on the site now, and reading, but haven't found any troubleshooting tips that match the symptoms I've seen).

Is this a vista issue with drivers that got corrupted somehow? Or is this a hardware issue that I need to worry about?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users