Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crippling Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robby Foxfur

Robby Foxfur

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

ok so here is the Story This virus is not on my computer it is on a friends computer. The reason he isn't posting here is because the Virus blocks almost every Antivirus helpsite, you name it he can't get to it. That's not all the Virus has disabled his System restore, and the Factory restore, So finding this thing is about the only way he can even begin to fix anything. This virus seems to also block Avast in that it shuts it off as soon as is starts to run.

he is running Win XP on a netbook.

I still don't know what the virus is he is dealing with and can't seem to find anyone having the same problem, its almost like this is a viurs and then someone combined it with others to make one heck of a virus.

any help on this would be awesome I'll post his System info once i can get it from him
Thanks in advance for all your help guys

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuria

samuria

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

You are fairly limited with this but you can download stuff for him and use it off a usb stick try Norman malware Malwarebytes download them and put them on a usb stick but rename them as the virus often looks for the name and stops it running. Copy the files to his hd and try running them in safe mode

#3 Robby Foxfur

Robby Foxfur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:12 AM

ok he fixed it he just nuked his computer thanks to all that helped or were going to help. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users