Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor won't turn on after being idle

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tyria

Tyria

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

Hi, I'm having problems with my monitor, or maybe the computer itself. Everything works fine when I'm actually using the computer but if I leave it alone for an hour or so, the monitor turns off and won't come back on. I have to restart the whole computer in order to get it up again. Before this started, I had the system turn off the monitor instead of using a screensaver and the mouse and keyboard always woke it back up again. Now I don't have any power save options set (everything is set to "never turn off") and I still don't have the screen saver activated. I have a HannsG JC199D LCD monitor, XP Pro SP3, and a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO graphics card. I've tried updating the graphics driver, turning off hardware acceleration, and setting the keyboard and mouse to wake up the computer from standby. Nothing's worked! Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks!

*EDIT* After I posted this I tried playing World of Warcraft, but the game keeps freezing and the processor is making a lot of noise. Sounds like its trying to work too hard, keeps whining. I can't get WoW to work long enough to adjust the video settings. Maybe its an issue with the graphics card?

Edited by Tyria, 16 December 2009 - 02:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users