Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 - constant BSD 07F errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zimmer46

zimmer46

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hello all,

I must apologise because I feel I am having to post one problem after another since installing Windows 7.

Background,
AMD 64 X2 4600+
AsusRock 939N68PV - GLAN board
2 Gb RAM
Nvidia 7950 512 Mb graphics card.

Windows 7 64 bit installed on one HDD with system partition and separate data partition
Windows XP 32 bit installed on other HDD

Windows 7 is the OS on my default boot drive.
I need XP for a few legacy programs, and access that OS using F11 at boot to select the XP HDD .

Having installed Windows 7 about a week ago, I have been getting occasional BSD errors 0x0000007F. However, they are becoming more frequent and this morning its happened 8 times in an hour. In fact, I'm posting this via my XP setup because Windows 7 is now unfit for purpose in my view.

A search suggested the 07F error is usually hardware or drivers. I have checked, hardware, updated drivers without any improvement. My XP system which is using the same hardware is absolutely stable, but Windows 7 is failing usually within 5 mins of start up. I am assuming, that if XP is stable, then surely my hardware is OK ie PSU, RAM, temperature etc etc ?

I installed the Nvidia 64 bit graphics drivers from the Nvidia site in my Windows 7 setup. However, I still get an error in Device Manager showing the "Coprocessor" driver is not installed if thats of any relevence.

Really at a loss with this.

Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

This could be a hardware,driver, memory (possibly software) problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539/en-us

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

Look for the latest chipset driver pack for windows 7 on nvidia's website. It supposedly will also fix most amd x2 coproccessor issues too.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 zimmer46

zimmer46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:26 AM

Thought I'd try installing updated chipset drivers for the motherboard. So downloaded the full pack from Nvidia which also included the video driver. Strangely, the included driver was released in June 2009 whereas the stand alone driver on the Nvidia site is a November release. Tried it anyway and so far Windows 7 has been stable for three days ( fingers crossed ) . During that time the system has been under a fair mount of pressure being on maybe 14 hours a day and I've been doing a lot of Dreamweaver and Photoshop work without any problems.

Could be there is a bug in the latest graphic driver, so will stick with the older one for now.
The new chipset drivers still have not solved the co-processor driver error though.

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users