Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

exe opens with notepad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 faolib

faolib

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:24 AM

By mistake my antivirus was shutdown and after inserting a USB flash I had a problem that I cannot run any .exe application, all applications are opened with notepad.
Plz tell me what should I do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrEastwood

MrEastwood

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

I had that virus back in Oct09. Its called "Windows Police Pro". The more you access the Internet the worst it gets. It'll get into your registry and make it almost impossible to log in. Next it'll disable your Task Manager. Every exe file will now open in NotePAd. Every Anti Virus with a "exe" extention will open in note pad and you actually see the code. Every suggestion on the web didn't work. One was Malwarebytes. That didn't work. I called Norton and paid for help. That didn't work. They said it was beyond their expertise. Hate to say it but I ened up reformatting my hard drive. If this is that virus you're in trouble. I've got another one now that is similar. This one is IGUARDPC. That is why I'm posting to this Discussion.

#3 faolib

faolib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:30 AM

I've tried every possible way I found on the internet but no results. Now I am formatting the system partition, and hoping that will solve the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users