Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This has got to be the lamest way to meet new friends -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boy Adventurer

Boy Adventurer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

Hello all, I'm David. I'm a bit breathless right now - and please forgive me if I'm somehow posting in the wrong place - I'm navigating on my phone while hiding in the bathroom. Let me explain - my electronics are not only disobedient, but they have physically lashed out at me on a few recent occasions. it sounds ludicrous, but I'm serious. when I manage to block them (one of them) from accomplishing a task of some sort, they develop a very dense static cloud around themselves in order to communicate with eachother...and often enough that cloud has discharged through my body...not fun.
it all started in October right after my birthday. I was browsing for some free downloads on some website ( I don't remember) but I do remember that a screen slid up from below which blocked my view of the page. suddenly a small cartoon-type bird (quail? pigeon?) appeared and then began to scream. Quite unsettling. I immediately unplugged and shut down, but not before a pretty massive file transfer. Weird.
it was the beginning of the end. since then I've steadily lost control of my computer and eventually the whole network...im talking phones, cameras, laptops, mp3 players, at one point I was even convinced that the fridge was in cahoots, too. it wasn't, just noisy at weird times. I found device drivers that could encode and decode and translate from different computer protocols. Even between my PC and my friend's iPhone. This virus (I call him The Bugg) has installed software OTA to my other devices that has enslaved them and I've caught each of them idly sitting there, streaming data.

So, my stats are as follows:
Insignia D400 2.8 gHz Pentium 4 Intel with 1528 Mb of 266 mHz RAM. I have a 120 Gb Eide Hdd and an auxilary 15Gb Eide which can be optionally installed. There are various external memory devices at my disposal - but most precious is the external 320 Gb Seaport which was connected at the time of attack. I haven't reconnected it for fear of infection.

Any tips?? I need help badly...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:01 AM

Are You Infected Detecting Malware Infection - http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1666

BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

You seem to have an infected system...this is the forum for Windows problems. If you choose to take advantage of the second link...I suggest that you follow the administrative policies posted there and try to be concise, specific, and accurate.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users