Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ringtone file conversion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 beakerr

beakerr

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hi I have a Samsung m320 camphone with sprint. I was attempting to d/l a ringtone and discovered it wouldn't because sprint has its own ringtone file type which I believe is an .flv file. You can't make an .flv file but apparently an AACPlus (aac+) is the same thing. Does anyone know what program will convert either an aac or an mp3 file to an aacplus? I think if I can convert the file I can load it to my phone via a bluetooth dongle and it will go right to custom ringtones. Please Advise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

Not sure if this helps : Phone Uploader
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 beakerr

beakerr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

Unless I miss something it appears that that program would do the same thing as the bluetooth dongle but not convert the aac or mp3 file to aacplus which is my problem. I am trying to create an AAC+ file and can't find any program that will do it.

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

I was under the impression that the file is converted to the necessary format.

Anyway, see if the following apps. help convert a mp3 file into the aac plus format:

1. TuneCab
2. dBPowerAmp

Edited by ReviverSoft, 21 December 2009 - 01:08 PM.

#5 beakerr

beakerr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

I understand. It has been very difficult to diferentiate betwwen aac and aac+ if I put aac+ in quotes the search results are almost nil, but if I don't I get alot of info on aac files with a smattering of aac+. Of course as far as I can tell the extention is purposly made to keep people from using their mp3 files on certain sprint phones forcing the user to buy ringtones from them. I however would rather cast myself into an abyss than pay sprint a recurring fee as much as $9-10 PER MOS.!!! Thanks for the links I will investigate and post the results.

#6 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

Most sites that offer downloadable content for mobile phones, list mp3 ringtones for the Samsung M320.
So you should be able to download MP3 ringtones and send them across to your phone.

#7 beakerr

beakerr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

hhmmm perhaps I should start a new thread if I have my entire problem wrong but since I have you reading I'll go ahead and provide the history of my problem.

I went to myxer.com and found a ringtone of a kahloberg triton ships horn. Its unique and I doubt sprint provides one for sale so I attempted to send it to my phone. The link arrived via txt and I navigated to the download using minutes that I pay through the nose for as I don't have an internet plan with sprint anymore. The d/l begins and runs for a bit than stops with no ringtone installed. I also attempted the alternate method of navigating to their website on my minibrowser and clicking on my favorites where I again found the mp3 file and clicked to d/l. Same result d/l starts than stops with no ringtone in the list. Sprint informed me that though they don't support third party apps I should be able to d/l a file even without purchasing an internet plan its just more expensive. Than on another forum I read that mp3 files were not supported for ringtones that you had to use aacplus a file type I had never heard of and am unable to convert to. so Now I am truely lost, not sure what to try next.

Thats my story I'll galdly attend to any advise you can give me.

#8 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well, most content providers claim the Samsung M320 to support MP3 ringtones.
Have you tried sending a MP3 ringtone from your PC to the phone through bluetooth?

#9 beakerr

beakerr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

Not yet I will pick up a dongle next time at wallmart, heck I may just go get one right now! I already did save the files to desktop but when I got onto the aac+ thing I figured they wouldn't transferr till I converted them.

#10 beakerr

beakerr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

ok I'm going to get on ebe back in half an hour!

#11 immobile

immobile

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

A.flv file is a Video file; a Flash player video format. The aac+ audio format is usually used with or by itunes / Quicktime, usually a lower Bitrate and file size format, but a lower quality one as well. myxer.com supports most carriers and phones whether it's retrieved via mms or their WAP page.
It sounds like your with Sprint. Call if needed, but find out what your phones "Address" is, as in Verizon happens to have two. One to send a simple Text to from PC is 1234567890@vtext.com and for Pic's, Flic's and Ringtones it's 1234567890@vzwpix.com. But I'm sure vzw is the only one who has two separate ones. Anyways, once you find out your phones address, which could be 1234567890@sprintpcs.com (10 digit # @sprintpcs.com.)
Try it, and if thats the case you can try what works on vzw's phones, NOT to say it will work w/ Sprint. Crop an mp3 song down to 300 Kb or less / 30 sec. or less, and using a simple file name, type in .mini as your extension even though an ext. is not necessary to be with in the song / file name. It just "fools" vzw's system as their main purchasing program, Get it Now is basically what they try to keep you "tied" into. No 2nd. party items.
But at that formula has been successful for all who do not choose to be limited by Verizons monopolizing methods.
I have done it this way w/ all my Dumb phones up to my Droid.
You can also use a memory card, providing your phone supports one, and if so, your in business ! Wallpaper, Videos, Ringtones, Music by simply putting your content on your card. Good luck !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users