Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

500gb hard drive only shows 24gb total after vista Recovery install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

A friend of mine asked me to help him fix his HP laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium on it

I was told before i received it that the hard drive was replaced and they could not get the reinstall of vista to complete

I was able to install vista via the HP recovery cd that came with the computer, I did it twice actually

However, when I go into my computer, the hard drive only reads as a total of 24gb - I downloaded a program by paragon which helps back up systems, just for the benefit that it would show me how the hard drive is partitioned, not to use the actual software

It showed me there was a 24gb section of the disk, and there was another partition at 441gb +/-

I cant save anything to the computer because its showing the HD as full, since it only thinks there is 24gb

Does any of this make sense and how do i fix this? I do not need the hard drive partitioned, but how do i make it so its the total size of the HD?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:12 PM

hello

see if this helps. http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/16/how...n-windows-vista

good luck
Have A Great Day