Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security 2010 - need more help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GMerrill78

GMerrill78

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

My computer has somehow gotten Internet Security 2010. I have tried to follow the removal guide but I am running into issues. I have not been able to get MBAM to run. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, i have run rkill.com numerous times and still cannot run mbam. At this point I don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GMerrill78

GMerrill78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

More Info:

I cannot start up in safe mode, it reboots when i try to start safe mode.

I have run Spybot, the only scan that will work, and it finds some things and attempts to remove them. Cannot remove all of them and asks to run at next restart. Let that run and it finds more things and removes those.

#3 GMerrill78

GMerrill78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

Any suggestions?

#4 GMerrill78

GMerrill78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

Update:

I downloaded and installed SuperAntiSpyware. It is running now, in the 4 minutes its been running it has found 51 threats. I will post again when it finishes.

#5 GMerrill78

GMerrill78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:09 AM

SUPERAntiSpyware ran, found 57 threats. removed the threats and was prompted to reboot. I rebooted and got all of the same "errors" as before saying various issues were found. I have tried all 4 versions of Rkill, non of them will run. they all are stopped and i receive a message saying the "Application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software." Ran another quick scan using SUPERAntiSpyware. Found 21 threats. Removed them all and prompted to reboot. Rebooted and same "errors" pop up - "Security Warning! Worm.Win32.NetSky detected on your machine..."
The previous scans with superantispyware were quick scans. i will run a full scan and see if that changes anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users