Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless connection failure

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zanger86

Zanger86

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

Hi guys im having trouble with my wireless connectivity. All was working fine until my laptop crashed and needed to be restarted, ever since the restart my computer is failing to find any wireless networks, any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

hi,,,, check to see if the wireless card is ok in device manager,,,, look for yellow triangles or red x's,,,, then look to see if its still enabled, it could have got disabled some how,,,, type in network sharing centre into start menu search box and then click on manage network connections on the left,,, right click the wireless cards icon and click enable,,, btw,, can you still connect with an Ethernet cable ??
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 Zanger86

Zanger86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

hey thanks for your response, still no go though, i have a red cross next to my wireless network connection, but it is enabled, the only way i can connect to the net is through my ethernet cable. I keep gettin the response wndows wireless service is not on my computer, any ideas would be appreciated.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:11 PM

hi,,,, enter services (type it into start menu search box) and make sure Windows Wireless Service is running and set to auto,,,, then look in dependencies and make sure everything in there is running and also set to auto,,, Extensible Authentication
Protocol, Native WiFi Filter, NDIS Usemode I/O Protocol and Remote Procedure
(RPC). Make sure they are running.
if non of this works then try this reg tweek i found,,,, backup the registry first though,,,,
1. regedit
2. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ndisuio
3. Change Start to "0x000000002 (2)"
4. Restart
i have noticed with this fix that if the value i set at 4 ,,, then it seems to work
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 Zanger86

Zanger86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:27 AM

Hey thanks for all your advice, i couldnt find a the problem so i restored the laptop to its original factory settings, and problem sorted. Thanks for all your help though much appreciated

#6 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:32 AM

glad to see all is now ok,,,, happy holidays :huh:
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users