Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best speed for burning CD's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nobluescreen4me

Nobluescreen4me

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:26 PM

I burnt a few CD's for my Mom today off of MP3's & the sound quality on the CD's was horrific on quite a few of them. The MP3's play fine on WMP10 & Musicmatch. So what I want to know is , is the speed a factor in the sound quality? TIA
IBM Clone Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.08GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 7600 256mb video card AGP, ASUS MB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:11 AM

I don't think the drive speed is a factor. You should check to see what bit rate the tracks were ripped at. That is what makes the difference.

It could also be the stereo they're being played on. Some stereos are just...Eeuch...

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users