Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Asus P5KPL-CM Board - Please help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 josiahwiebe

josiahwiebe

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

I've got a couple questions about the Asus P5KPL-CM board used in combination with an Intel Pentium 4 630 SL7Z9 3 GHz processor.

I'm getting the error codeľ long, short short. This supposedly means video card error, but there is no video card. I've swapped out RAM, as well as tried another P4 (3.4 GHz SL7L8) and a Celeron.

I can't figure out what would be wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

There's an onboard video chip on the motherboard.

Time to buy a video card, I think.

In which case, you may have to disable the onboard video in the BIOS for the card to take effect.

Louis

#3 josiahwiebe

josiahwiebe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

Must be a DOA motherboard then, it's brand new out of the box. I can't very well disable the onboard video in the BIOS when I don't have a BIOS screen. I've tried it with a video card, but nothing different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users