Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modem Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beerisyummy

Beerisyummy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

Sorry this is my first post
I have an adsl wi-fi modem
For a while my modems ethernet light has been blinking
Whilst wireless is fine, I prefer to use Cable/Ethernet for my Xbox
Its now got to a point where the ethernet light blinks nearly all the time, when it used to only do it at random times
When it starts flashing the internet speed for ethernet gets reduced to dial-up or worse

Ive had a previous modem that does the same thing, so I dont think its the modem
And the problem started a few months after we moved into a new house.
I dont know if its Bigponds fault or if its something im doing
Could someone give any answers or at least resolutions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

Is there a program/virus/trojan on your system eating up bandwidth? Do you have any sort of firewall on your system?

If the ethernet light is blinking, something is using the internet/pulling bandwidth.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users