Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse/cursor option

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moony

moony

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:27 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers: ok i have a silly question that i really should know and did once apon a time but i have totaly forgot (as you do) here goes......
...when i move my mouse over items on the screen a box appears next to my cursor telling me what i am pointing to sort of like a help thing i guess, anyway i know this can be de-activated somewhere but i have totaly forgot how to do it,can someone tell me please i keep getting a headache lol

thanks

moony

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Yes this is called hover text, But i dont think you can toally disable, i know theres a way to change what it says for certain things, but not disable it.

Im googling for a tweak for it now.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

I am not sure you can do something globally, but I know you can turn it off in many applications, which seems the way to go because it would be available for new applications where it is extremely useful in the beginning.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:23 PM

Go to start/settings/control panel/folder options/click on the "view" tab, scroll down and uncheck the box that says "show popup description for folder and desktop items".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users