Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes found and removed trojan.fakealert

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mich2394

mich2394

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

Hi,

I have windows vista sp1 32 bit os.

I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and it found trojan.fakealert and I had malwarebytes remove it and then was I was prompted to restart which I did.

Then I ran superantispyware full scan which was clean.

I went to virus total and chose one file in the folder where the trojan was found to run thru the virus total and one result came back as having a problem. I popped that in google and didn't understand it much. So I just uninstalled that whole program file.

There were many files that came up during uninstall prompting to ask if I wanted to remove files that may be a shared file, and I said no to all, so only what wasn't possibly shared got removed.

I've not used that program in nearly a year; it's a recorder to record streaming audio, so I don't understand why that would get a trojan.

Then I ran malwarebytes full scan and at some time during that scan I got a bsod x050 page fault in non paged area. It said mbswissarmy on the blue screen or whatever that title is that is malwarebytes.

I shut off the pc, and started back up into safe mode and ran malwarebytes full scan and it was clean.

I have the windows dump, and do not know how to read it or if is useful.

Since I got the bsod I am wondering if there is more I need to do?

I've had malwarebytes a long time. It is current and up to date.

So I am just wondering if anyone knows why malwarebytes would cause a bsod; if it means I may still have some part of a trojan in my system and also if the window dumps are useful and if so how to read them.

Thank you so much for reading this and for any help as well. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users