Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume control disappered...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

In control panel, i opened Sounds and audio devices.I selected Place volume icon in task bar, but it says ...

" Windows cannot display the volume icon in task bar because the volume control program has not been installed.To install it, use Add/remove programs in control panel "

Some days before.I unchecked Accessories and Utilities in Windows components --- Add/remove programs.Also i unchecked another one,i dont remember.The only thing that is checked in windows component is Windows media player.I dont remember what are the things that was checked before in Windows components.I must know that,so that i can download them again.So i lost MSpaint also before.I downloaded from microsoft.

So Volume control disappeared because i unchecked Accessories and Utilities in Windows components...right ?

And is it available to download from microsoft ?

Edited by SameerPrehistorica, 15 December 2009 - 12:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:33 AM

Paint program

The paint program is under accessories in add/remove windows components - check the box.

Volume control - the file is corrupted.

Go to C:Windows\System32, replace sndvol32.exe with a new one.
You can copy it from any other working system.

OR

There should also be a copy in your C:\Windows\System32\dllcache folder

Locate the sndvol32.exe file; right click it, choose copy then paste it to C:\Windows\System32

OR

Extract a new copy of sndvol32.exe from the Windows XP CD to C:\Windows\System32 folder on your hard disk.

Use the expand command: expand -r sndvol32.ex_ c:\windows\system32

This assumes XP is installed on C: and that it's installed in the Windows folder.

Edited by petewills , 15 December 2009 - 09:49 AM.

#3 SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

It is not there in C:\Windows\System32\dllcache folder. I dont know where is Xp cd. Doesnt matter,I searched and i downloaded sndvol32.exe. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your reply...

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

Thanks for feedback.

I always try the safer options first.

It is sometimes possible to download files off the Internet; you just have to be as sure as you can, that the source can be trusted.

If you don't use a link scanner, perhaps you should and this one is very useful:

Free link scanner (recommended by garmanma)

http://linkscanner.explabs.com/linkscanner/default.aspx

#5 SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:35 AM

petewills
It is sometimes possible to download files off the Internet; you just have to be as sure as you can, that the source can be trusted.

Ya, i know which one can be trusted.

If you don't use a link scanner, perhaps you should and this one is very useful

I know about online scanner sites. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users