Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot run SAS or MBAM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bomber1712

bomber1712

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

This computer is a Compaq Presario SR1738NX running XP Home. It continuously pops up a warning message that "Windows Security has detected a threat (TR/spyware.NTAP.GEN)".

I was able to run Dr. Web in Safe mode. Express scan found "iakcop.dll infected - Probably Trojan.Packed.191". I am running the full scan, now.

I was able to install and run MBAM in Safe Mode (Administrator), after all. Here are the results of the quick scan:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.42
Database version: 3362
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

12/14/2009 9:38:40 PM
mbam-log-2009-12-14 (21-38-40).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 123049
Time elapsed: 14 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 13
Registry Values Infected: 4
Registry Data Items Infected: 14
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 15

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3229dfcd-3eaf-4712-ed45-4876fedc170c} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{24a1e1cc-4393-941e-b765-2264a695d4e3} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{24a1e1cc-4393-941e-b765-2264a695d4e3} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{19127ad2-394b-70f5-c650-b97867baa1f7} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{43bf8cd1-c5d5-2230-7bb2-98f22c2b7dc6} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{494e6cec-7483-a4ee-0938-895519a84bc7} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{3446af26-b8d7-199b-4cfc-6fd764ca5c9f} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{4776c4dc-e894-7c06-2148-5d73cef5f905} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{19127ad2-394b-70f5-c650-b97867baa1f7} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{43bf8cd1-c5d5-2230-7bb2-98f22c2b7dc6} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{494e6cec-7483-a4ee-0938-895519a84bc7} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{3446af26-b8d7-199b-4cfc-6fd764ca5c9f} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\{4776c4dc-e894-7c06-2148-5d73cef5f905} (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{3229dfcd-3eaf-4712-ed45-4876fedc170c} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\rundll32.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\uid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\wab (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Spyware.Zbot) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\sdra64.exe -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Spyware.Zbot) -> Data: system32\sdra64.exe -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\aux1 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\aux2 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi1 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\midi2 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\mixer1 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\mixer2 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\wave1 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\wave2 (Hijack.Sound) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\MACROM~1\Common\aa33c05a1.dll) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Hijack.Userinit) -> Bad: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe,) Good: (Userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lowsec (Stolen.data) -> Delete on reboot.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winload.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\browsearch.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lowsec\local.ds (Stolen.data) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lowsec\user.ds (Stolen.data) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lowsec\user.ds.lll (Stolen.data) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Macromedia\Common\aa33c05a1.dll (Hijack.Sound) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\SystemBackup\browserui.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\SystemBackup\mt_32.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\wiaserva.log (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\browserui.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtmllib.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mt_32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdra64.exe (Spyware.Zbot) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Macromedia\Common\aa33c05a19.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\mhbupd32.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I am running a full scan in Safe Mode right now. Still cannot get SAS to install or run. The full Dr.Web scanner caused a system shutdown. I will try to run, again, and post results.

EDIT>>After running a full scan with Dr. Web, I came home to a computer that is stuck in a never ending loop. I cannot start normally, safe, or last known configuration. I have no idea what Dr. Web found, or did, but I did see it had found 16 issues when I was checking this AM. Full scan with MBAM finished but I cannot post results because I cannot get the computer to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by bomber1712, 15 December 2009 - 06:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bomber1712

bomber1712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

MODERATOR>>>>>

Please close this post. I have made some progress and will start a new thread if that is ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users