Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista won't Boot from CD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skifast

skifast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

I have a Fujitsu T4215 Tablet PC, with Vista Home Premium, 2GB RAM.

Yesterday the computer locked up. When I tried to reboot it, it would not get past the screen with the scrolling green bar. Trying to boot in safe mode it hangs on the crcdisk.sys line.

I thought no problem, I would pop in the Vista CD and use the repair function. It has worked many times before.

So much for my pride, the CD loads the installation files, goes through the scrolling green bar phase, and then hangs.

When my son tried to install Linux, it hung on the partitioning stage.

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:44 AM

hi,,,,try running a start up repair with your disc and see if this gets it ,,,,,,
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 skifast

skifast
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:55 AM

The computer hangs when trying to run the Vista CD. It does not get to the installation screen.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:07 AM

hi,,,, ok then,,, run with your disc again and this time when entering the the System Recovery Console run a system restore back to when the pc worked ok im wondering if an auto update caused the issues,,,,, if no joy then try command prompt from the System Recovery Console and run a check disc
type in this commaand and press enter key
CHKDSK c:/f
see if this works

i also found this amongst the hundreds of posts in a google search for crcdisk.sys,,,,,,

Thank you all for sharing on this problem. I just resolved it in the following way:
1. I chose the Safe Mode startup.
2. When it froze at crcdisk.exe, I pressed the computer power-up button ONCE, not (as HP tech support told me to do several times) holding it down several seconds. I repeat, hold the power button ONLY ONCE.
3. The computer appeared to have shut down, but it restarted all by itself in Startup Repair Mode.
4. Follow the instructions and by God's grace you'll have the same positive results I had. My computer is back, up and running normally!
Have a great day!
this is a copy and paste from another site,,,, not my work :huh:
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:24 AM

Looks like memory trouble. Try to remove the RAM module and then re-insert it firmly. If you have an extra working RAM stick, you can try that. See if your PC works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users