Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win XP Random Crashes -Hardware dying?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jude

Jude

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:25 PM

Ok...
I have an athlon 2000xp 1.637Ghz with 512mb ram. I have windows XP SP2.

My system keeps crashing and rebooting. Seems to happen randomly but maybe more when playing games. Fairly sure not spyware etc as have now reinstalled windows. I have a feeling it must be hardware related but don't know what. Have run memory checkers and the memory seems fine.

Event viewer log says:

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 fd4c0198, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f7e5775b.

This is for system error logs.

Also has quite a lot of disk errors: The device, DeviceHarddisk1D, has a bad block.

Have reformatted disk and run scan disk without any problems.

Thought it might be graphics card related and have tried various drivers but problem still there...

Any help greatly appreciated as its beyond me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 neochivers

neochivers

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3035/blue-screen-errors/
"If anything goes wrong blame it on the guy who cant speak english" : Homer Simpson

#3 Jude

Jude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:14 PM

Strangely enough I did search the forums before posting in case someone else already had the answer. I had read the other topic you mention which points me to the BSOD and here is what is has to say:

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000DI (0x000000OC, 0x 0000002, 0x00000000x 0xF7FAC4CE)

then the only other bit that prolly means anything:

cmaudiosys_address F7FAC4CE base at F7F85000 datestamp 3DD89COB

This would point me to reinstall my soundcard drivers?

Trouble is having reinstalled windows I have already done this and the problem is as before.

Any ideas?

#4 neochivers

neochivers

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:36 PM

OK try that, the IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL bit means that the program (driver) isnt adressing the memory correctly
"If anything goes wrong blame it on the guy who cant speak english" : Homer Simpson

#5 Jude

Jude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:06 AM

So this is definitely the drivers for the sound card? Its just that as I mentioned these have already been reinstalled (with the windows reinstall).

I have also reinstalled them again (since the windows reinstall) but the problem remains. Could it be the sound card itself or is it the memory?

#6 neochivers

neochivers

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:18 AM

no its the driver.... go to the soundcard's maker's website

#7 Jude

Jude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:04 AM

Hi
That's what I did -three times now... Uninstalling the sound card and reinstalling it with up-to-date drivers from the manufacture's website. Makes no difference the problem remains the same.

Thanks for the help but unfortuantly it doesn't get rid of the problem.

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know otherwise I will stick the system in the bin!!

thanks

#8 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:20 AM

try replacing the sound card
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

#9 neochivers

neochivers

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

the pro is the driver! do not replace it as it will b a waste of ... try to get the old driver not the new 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users