It looks to me as if they used A crack software to get you the program. KeyGen.exe
These are known great sources of malware. it is most likely on the CD as it was packed with the software.
Good chance you are not infected if you did not install the app off the CD.
Please run this and Mbam.
Please download Rooter.exe
and save to your desktop.alternate download link
- Double-click on Rooter.exe to start the tool. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator...
- Click the Scan button to begin.
- Once the scan is complete, Notepad will open with a report named Rooter_#.txt (where # is the number assigned to the report).
- A folder will be created at the %systemdrive% (usually, C:\Rooter$) where the log will be saved.
- Rooter will automatically close. If it doesn't, just press the Close button.
- Copy and paste the contents of Rooter_#.txt in your next reply.
: Before performing a scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.
Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:
- Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
- Clean out your temporary files.
- Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
- After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
- When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update
tab, select Check for Updates
scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected
, Post new scan log
into normal mode.
Edited by boopme, 14 December 2009 - 10:50 PM.