Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Additional users' account management

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

So it's all about this new computer...

My brother asked me to creat an account for him (limited rights), to use the computer as well... so I've did. But now, he's saying that he can't access one specific game, that is installed on a computer - Mount&Blade 1.011. Also, he's experiencing problems with Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 (or actually DVD+/-RW drive), that I've given access to him as well.

Maybe there's some outside-software for that... danno. :thumbsup:

Any help would be appreciated!

Thx,
rhino1366

P.S. It's my first time taking care of an additional user account, and allowing / disallowing permissions... :flowers:
P.P.S. Also, this pop-up glitch remains. I might try my luck, when new Windows updates 'll be ready, if no-one has a solution for me.

Edited by rhino1366, 14 December 2009 - 06:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:53 PM

Was Mount&Blade 1.011 installed for all users or just the admin account? That may be the problem.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

Thx for your reply, Animal...

Actually, many software (programs / games) lack an option to specify for whom I want to install something... :thumbsup:
If it should ask always, then, I guess, I should reinstall, what was installed before creation of that new account...

Waiting on further assistance,
rhino1366

P.S. It is strange, that it didn't asked me (Mount&Blade)... But, Ashampoo BS and WO did asked. For example - Auslogics HDD defrag and reg. cln. didn't asked, and only I am allowed to use. Must be a way to organize things... :flowers:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

If you take a look in Docs & Settings/All Users/Applications...you should see folders for each program available to such (I think).

Louis

#5 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

What's the point here, Louis? :flowers:

rhino

P.S. I need the instructions, on how to manage software for users, etc., or I need an info., on what outside program(s) to use...
P.P.S. Also, I need to know overally... how to allow / disallow (managing permissions). Very new to multi-account administrations... Thx. :thumbsup:

Edited by rhino1366, 16 December 2009 - 06:08 AM.

#6 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

Animal... where have you gone?
My brother loves this game, as I do... Mount&Blade :thumbsup:

Thx,
rhino

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

If you don't see the point...I guess there isn't any.

Louis

The typical way to give additional users access to whatever...is to create an admin account for them.

Edited by hamluis, 16 December 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#8 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:22 AM

hamluis...

Currently, I can't give someone an administrative accounts...
And, by the way, soon is my brother's birthday... and, as a present, I want to give him an access to Mount&Blade aspecially...

If someone can help, please, make it sooner, rather than later... :thumbsup:

Thx,
rhino

#9 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

I need some help...

I need some help... someone...

:thumbsup:

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

Animal... where have you gone?
My brother loves this game, as I do... Mount&Blade :thumbsup:

Thx,
rhino

I would pose the question about why you can't allow your brothers account on your machine, on the support forum. There seems to be minimal support for the game. Virtually nothing about installation issues in the FAQ's.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users