Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not responding messages...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 computertiltsme

computertiltsme

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

Hey Guys,

The last month I have been dealing with not responding messages. I will be in the middle of a task or running various pieces of software and the not responding messages pop up and everything lags. I have noticed it is increasingly getting worse. I am not even sure where to start to locate the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Computerontilt!

Edited by computertiltsme, 14 December 2009 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computertiltsme

computertiltsme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:29 AM

Information addition: I have been trying to research this issue all day. There was an article on running a scannow sfc to check for corrupt files. I got a message after the scan saying that windows found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I looked at that log file but I really have no idea what I am looking for.

#3 WalkerA_WinTeam

WalkerA_WinTeam

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hi there, could you please give some more details about your system? Helpful info would be Windows version (I assume it's 7 since you're posting here), edition, build, service pack, any anti-virus software you're running, types of programs you're seeing this problem in, etc.

Thanks!

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

#4 computertiltsme

computertiltsme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:49 AM

windows 7 x64 ultimate
Build 7600
Service pack 2

Antiviurs- Avira

Programs so far with issues- firefox and a software called Holdem Manager which is a large poker database. Also, my poker software clients are shutting down 4-5 times while in a session.

#5 SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

I may suggest it's the poker sofware. I have never seen good, well-written poker or gambling software that's worth a darn.

#6 computertiltsme

computertiltsme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:37 PM

I have been using poker software with windows xp for a few years and it never was an issue. Also, top poker client software is really top of the line.

Also, why would it affect my other programs like firefox, etc. ?

#7 wahissa54

wahissa54

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

There seems to be a thread about this issue in every forum I check. I've opened an incident with Microsoft and they are scratching their collective heads. So far all I can recommend is see if there are 64 bit Vista drivers from the hardware manufacturers and try them. I've also had some luck using the Intel supplied chipset drivers, if there are any for your chipset. I've also see a decrease in the number of errors since I went to 4GB of RAM, and manually set the Page File to 256MB. This essentially stops Windows from paging memory.

Good Luck. Let us know if you find anything else that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users