Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about running two routers on one network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stacld87

stacld87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Ok I live in a two story house and my room is on the 2nd floor and my dads office is downstairs on the other side of the house. The router is downstairs in my dad's office and it is a WRT54G. I have another wireless router that is the exact model and I have a Dynex wireless card in my computer too. I get about 2 bars with just the wireless card, which is better than the Linksys card I had before this one. I was just wondering if it was possible to have my spare router hooked up to my computer and the other router to where I can have better connection to the internet from up here. If it's not possible I'm just going to have to buy a wireless n router cause I can't stand the speed I'm getting right now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

Try this site I think one of the modes will work. I think repeater bridge is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users